A Little Bit About...

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Newness

Some new stuff!


Proust


In Utero


Gaqua


Cuddlefish


These are all to be part of my exhibition in May, being held where I work at Studio Zen on Campus Corner. No date set yet, and all the details for this will be worked out eventually. The general theme for these paintings is "organic cliches," so I focused on themes and feelings that tend to come to us organically, so these are centered around feelings of love, and focusing on different aspects of it. From reproduction (In Utero) to the frustration that sometimes accompanies love (Proust).

I'm working on six pieces right now, which may sound overwhelming but I tend to work best when I have a lot of stuff going on. If I'm just working on one thing I'll never get it done, but if I layer my projects on top of each other I get everything done a lot faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment