A Little Bit About...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

July is almost over...

...and August is nearly here. The temperatures here are insane, over a hundred degrees on the daily. I'm pretty sure my body temperature has risen just to acclimate. I am slowly becoming flame retardant. At any rate, this week I've done a lot of staying inside and avoiding the heat and working on my paintings. I've recently finished these two which I'm pretty fond of.


Green
24" x 24"


Pink
24" x 24"

Full resolution available on my Flickr account.

These paintings are braced with a four inch depth and are hang-ready. They are heavier than they look. Prints will be available in a few weeks. I was thinking of making some stickers out of them too...or out of certain elements within them. We'll see.

As per usual I have to hand mad props out to my friend Josh Verduzco for taking pictures of my paintings. He is a total pro.

This is funny, but everyone has asked me if these two are "colon-inspired", what with my dad having been recently diagnosed with colon cancer. Oddly enough I have been drawing these things, or some variation of them, for years now. But now that these images have finally come to fruition, time has reappropriated their meaning
into something else. Something beyond doodles in my sketchbook. Does life imitate art or is it the other way around? That's just a fancy way of me saying my doodles look like turds and colons.

No comments:

Post a Comment